Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome!...8 Years Later

Time Management

Eight years ago today, this post appeared:

For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in systems that people had that helped them get their "stuff" done--or what kept them from getting their stuff done. I have been in education for over 20 years, and am currently a school principal. During my career, I have managed to put together some a system and some strategies that I believe not only work for me, but can work for anyone who is interested in being more organized, experiencing less stress, and managing the limited amount of time available to us. Please visit often and enjoy.

Much has changed over the last 8 years; however, much has remained constant. Technology has improved; yet it has brought with it the challenges to keep up. We expect more from our gadgets; yet we must be willing to invest the time to learn how to use them.

The basic purpose of this blog has remained pretty much unwavering. Yes, we take a moment here and there to celebrate traditional holidays. At times, we share a personal note.Perhaps we all need diversions at times. Overall, this space has delivered nuts & bolts information and advice on how to organize your surroundings and manage your time.

What began as a an experiment in providing follow-up for live professional development has turned into a space which has impacted people who have never met me. Back then, there was no Twitter. Facebook was a mere 6 months old and was decidedly a tool for teens. Sending a professional email newsletter was beyond my imagination.

Today, social media has exploded. Despite a variety of tools, I believe the blog remains at the center. It is the place that offers enough characters to tell the story, and nimble enough to change direction when something "out there" suddenly impacts how we operate.

Thanks for being a reader. Thanks for the input you may give from time to time. I am firmly convinced the best is yet to come.

Who do you know that would benefit from reading this blog? While you are thinking about it, send them the link.  

No comments: