Wednesday, April 18, 2012

HootSuite Tutorial

In the last post, we examined TweetDeck as a tool for organizing your Twitter experience. This post examines HootSuite.

I started using TweetDeck more than a year ago and established a HootSuite account last month. Personally, I like HootSuite better. The primary reason is HootSuite is web-based, allowing me access from any Internet-accessible device. I found the setup to be incredible easy, especially since I had experience with the features of TweetDeck.

This tutorial shows you how to establish a HootSuite account and set up you site.




Anyone want to share their experiences with either TweetDeck or HootSuite?

4 comments:

Dennis Cepero said...

I love HootSuite! I used it for about 5 minutes before I decided to go for the Pro account.

I personally like it better than TweetDeck. However, if you're not a social media professional, TweetDeck may be the better option.

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Since this post, HootSuite has come out with a great feature...Autoscheduling. Yu have always had the ability to select a future time for something to post. With Autoscheduling, you submit as many posts as you like, and HootSuite spreads them out for you at what it thinks are the best times.

Dennis Cepero said...

Autoschedule is pretty awesome... however, I wish HootSuite allowed you to tweak some of the preferences. Occasionally, I don't like the way autoschedule places my updates so I have to go in and manually adjust it.

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Dennis,
Could you go into a little detail on what you are finding about the pattern HootSuite is publishing your comments?