Monday, October 10, 2011

New Facebook Page


After a great deal of thought, I have started a Facebook page for the professional side of my life. I am always looking for easier ways to do things and trying to make life easier for others. Since so many people are already familiar with Facebook, starting this page will make it easier to access content.

To visit the page, click the button above. You can also enter the URL http://facebook.com/DrFrankBuck (which makes my username here the same as on Twitter).

What can you expect to find on this Facebook page?

Notification of new blog posts. Each time I post on this blog, i will let you know about it on the Facebook page. I know many of you receive notification by being followers of this blog, subscribing through Feedburner, subscribing through RSS, or following me on Twitter. At the same time, some of these terms may be "Greek" to many others. If Facebook is a familiar friend, letting you know about new posts in this manner is a step forward.

Follow-up and discussion. I always like to get comments on blog posts, and I am pretty good about responding to them. In general, people tend not to comment on blog posts. Again, we seem comfortable with commenting on Facebook. I hope to get your reaction to posts...what you like, what you don't like, where you may agree or disagree, and what thoughts you have which will take the discussion to a deeper level.

New discussion. In addition, you can post on the wall to start an entirely new discussion, something the blog does not allow you to do.

If you have been reading this blog for a while, come on over to the Facebook page and say hello. See you there!

No comments: