Monday, August 09, 2010

Watch the Game Film

When I see educational topics discussed in a major business-related magazine, it tends to get my attention. If an editor felt a topic related to education was important enough for business executives to be familiar with, then I certainly need to be familiar with it. Such is the case with an article entitled "Watch the Game Film," which appeared in the June 2010 issue of Fast Company.

To illustrate the point they are trying to make to business executives, they examine the book Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques That Put Students on a Path to College. The title caught my eye because I had recently purchased and read the book. As its title suggests, the author identified strategies that great teachers use. Furthermore, the book contains a DVD of actual clips from classrooms where we see these strategies put into action. The book makes specific references to these clips at the appropriate points in the text, allowing the book and the DVD to work in tandem. It is a book that I enjoyed and heartily recommend to others.

No comments: