Friday, June 13, 2008

Questions About Outlook?

Questions are always welcomed, and I received the following question in my e-mail the other day:

I sometimes have issues with features of Outlook. I’m currently using 2002, and haven’t found a great site for solving my issues. Are there any sites you’d recommend besides Microsoft, which I find completely useless….?

My reply may be helpful to others, and is as follows:

I do have a couple of suggestions. One is an Outlook discussion group where you can post questions and other group members can post answers. I have found there are some very knowledgeable people who are in the group. To subscribe, you would simply need a free Yahoo account. The url for that group is here. If you scroll to the bottom of the screen, it gives you the address to subscribe: click here. The other suggestion is "Slipstick" which is found here. That site is a treasure trove of information.

1 comment:

T.W. said...

Dr. Buck,

You're systems have really helped me to give myself permission to forget. Thank you.

I spoke with you at ASCD regarding the difference between outlook and Entourage (the MAC OSX MS Office equivalent) and the fact that I couldn't click and drag emails from Entourage into tasks and calendars. I was at teh Apple store near my home last week and I checked with several "apple" staffers and they didn't know the solution either. If any of your other blog contributors have any suggestions (short of use a PC) I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again,

Joel