Friday, November 30, 2012

Source to Create Social Media Buttons

If you have a website or author a blog, chances are good you also have other social media outlets. You want a set of small, clickable buttons which will take readers to those others outlets. At least, I did.

You could spend the time designing the buttons, uploading them, and writing the html code that will not only make those buttons appear, but will take readers to the correct site when clicked. Another option is to find where someone else has done the work for you.

I ran across a site called addthis.com which did exactly what I needed. You can get to the exact spot on the site needed with this link. For each button you wish to add to your site, enter the username in the appropriate blank. Click to get the code.” Copy the html code that is generated and add it to your site.

In just a few minutes, you have an attractive set of social media buttons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is Byronn, and I am a Sophmore at University of South Alabama College in Mobile Al. I think that is good information that you shared. My class had to do a PLN which was similar I think. Educational Media is so cool. I never thought so much media would be a part of teaching. I really like learning educational media.

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Byronn,

Thanks for stopping by. Developing a Personal Learning Network pays big dividends. I hope that in your class, they are teaching you about how to subscribe to blogs you like with a tool such as Google Reader. There is nothing so easy as identifying quality sources one time and having new content from them come straight to your inbox from there on.