Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Crush It!

I recent read Crush It! The entire title is Why Now is the Time to Crush It!: Cash in on Your Passion. The book is written by Gary Vaynerchuk, a social media maven whose specialty is selling wine.

For those who wish to use Web 2.0 tools to let the world know what they have to offer, this book is well worth the time to read. The strength of the book is that it gives practical, easy-to-implement. I found some great ideas for the use of Twitter.

The author's style makes this book easy to read, enjoyable, and at 142 pages, can easily be read start to finish in a day. Don't be surprised if you find yourself consuming it in a single sitting.

4 comments:

lps said...

I hope you'll be sharing the twitter tips you find most useful...

Dr. Frank Buck said...

I would be happy to do that. My next March letter will focus on handling the input that comes our way through Facebook and Twitter, and I already have plans for blogs posts in the next couple of month on Twitter.

Anonymous said...

If you liked Crush it! you will love Rework (Jason Fried). A little more business centered. Or the blog that the book is compose of.

Dr. Frank Buck said...

I went over to Amazon and read the portion of Rework that is available for preview. It certainly looks good. Thanks for putting me onto it.