Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Great Time at NAESP



Davonia and I had a great 5 days in Houston as we attended the National Association of Elementary School Principals Convention. There are a few I would especially like to thank for making our time so enjoyable:

Vanessa Herman and everyone involved with planning this convention. As a presenter, the new setup could not have gone smoother. My room was already set up with a projector, computer, remote mouse, podium mic, lavalier mic, and water cooler, not to mention a tech person who came around to check on things. All I had to do was double-click a folder on the desktop, and there was all of the stuff I had uploaded a couple of weeks earlier.

Bill Miller Photography. When Alabama principals go somewhere, they are never alone. Glen Frederick and Nick Campanotta were great hosts for the "Alabama gang," sponsoring a delicious dinner at Massa's Seafood on Friday and a breakfast buffet Saturday morning.

Lindsay Foster, Product Manager for School Specialty. Davonia and I had a wonderful Italian dinner with Lindsay Saturday evening. Little did we know, she is a native Canadian. With us planning a trip to Montreal this coming January, the information and advice Lindsay gave us is extremely valuable.

Bob Sickles and Steve Melis of Eye on Education. Steve took care of printing flyers and making sure everyone in attendance at my session had a flyer and my card. Both Bob and Steve took care of all of the details surrounding the book signing following my session.

Most importantly, thanks to the approximately 100 people who turned out bright and early on a Saturday morning to hear about the 5 keys to organization and time management!!! I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. The handout for the session is located here. Just use the password we gave out during the session. If you did not leave me an e-mail address but want me to add you to the monthly e-mail newsletter list, click here to sign up.

Below are pictures from our trip:


No comments: