Sunday, November 02, 2008

National Middle School Association (Denver)




Thanks to the audience of well over 100 who came to the session and to those who came up to me at some point during the conference to let me know how they intend to implement what they heard. During the one hour and fifteen minutes, we were able to give at least an introduction to the following ideas:
  • Mastering paperwork with tickler files
  • Organizing it all with your "signature tool"
  • Handling repeating tasks
  • Documenting made easy enough you will actually do it
  • Getting e-mail from "in" to "empty"

I am beginning to hear the same comments with regularity:
  • This makes so much sense.
  • I had no idea it was so easy.
  • Why hasn't anybody told me this before?
  • I needed this!

Special thanks to Kerry Palmer for being my facilitator for the session. Kerry is principal at Trinity Middle School in Montgomery, Alabama and doing an outstanding job as a first-year principal. His blogs serve as just one example of the professional, positive approach he takes. You can view his faculty blog by clicking here or his parent blog by clicking here.

If you are visiting this blog for the first time as a result of coming to the session in Denver, thanks for stopping by. You are the reason I created this blog in the first place! We can cover just so much in 75 minutes. Web 2.0 allows us to continue the discussion.

This next weekend, I will be sending out the next e-mail newsletter, so by November 10, you should receive it. Be sure to check your spam folder and in case it gets caught there.

More pictures from Denver will be forthcoming!




No comments: