Sunday, August 17, 2008

How Accurate is Jott?

At yesterday's workshop for the University of Alabama Superintendent's Academy, one of the technology time-savers we discussed was Jott. You can click here for a post I had written about this wonderful tool earlier.

I demonstrated how the process works by sending a Jott to a friend. One of the questions about Jott was how accurate the text translation is. My response was that it was about as accurate as my English. If I pronounce words distinctly, the translation is accurate. If I let my lay Southern drawl slip in, it shows up in the spelling of the text translation.

Printed below is the how the message was translated:

I am having a wonderful workshop here with some of our educational leaders, future superintendents, a whole room full of them, so as you are reading your email now, you will be reading the words that I am speaking right now. I'll talk to you later.
Bye.

You can't get more accurate that that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Buck, great blog posts. I saw that you were in the educational field and I though you may enjoy an invite to the http://www.tatango.com beta which could be a great tool for you as an educator to communicate with students or faculty. Please let me know if there is an email address we can send it to.

Thank you,

Derek Johnson
Founder and CEO, www.tatango.com
206.334.4012

Read our Blog: http://tatango.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tatango

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Derek,
Thanks for stopping by. Go ahead and click the "Contact me to schedule a workshop" link on the right-hand side. That will send a e-mail message to me. I would be interested to see how this compares with Jott and SchoolCast, a program we have which calls all parents to notify them of such things as school closings.